You undoubtedly want only the very best for your pawsome friend, so you ask yourself wet vs dry dog food what’s the better choice. When it comes to choosing the best for your dog’s diet, you have so many options available. It can be hard to determine which food will have the most positive effect on your dog’s diet and health. Which is better, wet canned or dry food?
The debate between dry wet vs dry dog food has continued since the two varieties have been on the market. What are the advantages of canned dog food as the main component of your dog’s diet? Is dry kibble superior to canned dog food? Possibly, it is simply personal preference between the two varieties.
To help you decide, let’s take a look at the advantages of wet vs dry dog food.
1. Canned dog food, as the main component of your dog’s diet, has gotten a negative stigma over the years. Many pet owners feel that the cost of canned dog food is high and unappealing, especially for the larger breeds who require greater amounts of food daily. Also there were a lot of recalls lately, check the latest here: FDA Pet Food Recalls.
2. A significant advantage of canned dog food is the quality. Frequently, you will find that canned dog food offers large chunks of real meat for your pet. Fewer additives and fillers are found in most brands of canned dog food.
Knowing the importance of high-quality ingredients, canned dog food certainly has its place in a healthy, balanced dog diet.
Always check the list of ingredients on the label, to get an idea what’s in check: Pet Food Ingredients Revealed!
3. Advantage of wet vs dry doog food in your dog’s diet is palatability. Dogs will commonly take to canned dog food quickly. This can be a true advantage when you are dealing with a picky eater.
4. Dogs who have trouble with oral health and chewing will find the moist food easier to eat. If you note your dog is struggling to eat the kibble diet, then canned dog food may be just the solution to your dog’s diet problems.
No time to cook? Did you know that freeze-dried dog foods are the closest alternative to a homemade raw diet? Have a look at the best freeze-dried dog food here on Amazon!.
Whether dry or wet only feed the best!
5. Dry dog food also has advantages in a dog’s diet. The dry kibble helps to keep your dog’s teeth healthy by removing plaque and tartar. Excellent oral health for your pet can be easily maintained with dry kibble as the main component in your dog’s diet. The moist dog food from cans do not provide the same benefit.
6. Storage of the dry dog food does not necessarily require refrigeration after opening, but must be stored in a cool and dry place, to prevent fats and oils to become rancid and mold to grow.
Remember to check your dogs food before feeding for a rancid or odd smell, if it does look and smell different don’t feed it. To be on the safe side only buy small bags which will be finished within 7 days, otherwise you have to put them fridge.
7. Cost is yet another reason to consider dried dog food for your dog’s diet. High-quality dry dog food is available to pet owners at a reasonable price.
8. Dried foods have a drastically depleted moisture content which can drop from 70% down to as low as 12%. Your dog’s kidneys and liver will become stressed due to chronic low-grade dehydration. Dogs are required to drink lots of water to rehydrate their bodies after eating dehydrated dry food.
Wet vs dry dog food comparison: Canned food is great for picky eaters and pet’s with difficulty in chewing. The right canned food offers high quality ingredients for your dog’s diet. Dry dog food is much cheaper and helps promote good oral health, but on the other side it can cause dehydration, and organ stress.
Providing your pet with the best nutrition is the first step in caring for your pet. Always keep in mind that if you see that your dog is not doing well on what you’re feeding, consider a change. Try some Homemade Dog Food Recipes.